Brushing teeth is an activity that should not be missed every day to keep teeth clean and healthy, and free from bacterial growth. In brushing your teeth, choosing toothpaste needs to be considered. This is important so that the effectiveness of toothpaste in cleaning teeth and mouth is optimal, according to your needs. You can get the best toothpaste on dxn company.
Tooth brushing activities cannot be separated from the 2 (two) main elements, namely toothbrushes and toothpaste. Talking about toothpaste, there are several functions of toothpaste, ranging from eradicating bacteria in the teeth and mouth, removing dental plaque, eliminating bad breath, to remineralizing teeth. Toothpaste is produced by adjusting the needs and condition of the teeth of consumers. This can be seen from the presence of toothpaste products such as special toothpaste, sensitive toothpaste for active smokers, toothpaste without detergent.
Choosing a good toothpaste according to the needs and conditions of our teeth need to be done. Because choosing a toothpaste that is not suitable is feared not to have a significant impact on your dental health.
Note the Active Ingredients of Toothpaste
Toothpaste is made from a number of active ingredients, where these ingredients have their respective roles in caring for dental health.
– Abrasive ingredients are ingredients in toothpaste whose function is to remove stains and plaque on teeth, also expel bacteria from food debris. The ingredients of toothpaste composition that are abrasive are silicate and calcium carbonate
– Fluoride is a material whose function is to prevent cavities. In children under five, you should avoid choosing toothpaste with fluoride because it has the potential to make teeth become brittle
– The humectant is an ingredient whose function is to maintain the texture of toothpaste not to dry quickly
– Artificial taste is an ingredient to give flavor to toothpaste. Special toothpaste for children usually has a fruit flavor, while adult toothpaste is generally minty
– Detergent is an active ingredient that produces foam on the toothpaste when rubbed into teeth. The detergent in this toothpaste is sodium lauryl sulfate.